Disclosure (in accordance with the FTC’s 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising”): Many thanks to Propeller Consulting, LLC for providing this prize for the giveaway. Choice of winners and opinions are 100% my own and NOT influenced by monetary compensation. I did receive a sample of the product in exchange for this review and post. Only one entrant per mailing address, per giveaway. If you have won a prize from our sponsor Propeller / FlyBy Promotions in the last 30 days, you are not eligible to win. If you have won the same prize on another blog, you are not eligible to win it again. Winner is subject to eligibility verification. All opinions in this Easter gift ideas for families post are mine.
If you have been to any retail store in the past month, you have surely seen the plethora of Easter themed gifts for kids. Chocolates, candy, stuffed bunny rabbits, shirts, Easter baskets, and more. All of this is fun, for sure, but I like to include the entire family so we can all enjoy our time together. Five gifts that would be great for family togetherness and fun follow:
1. Raised garden bed kit (or any garden themed item) – gardening is a great way to involve the whole family and get outdoors this Spring and enjoy God's creation! There is nothing more satisfying than preparing the ground, planting seeds, and watching a garden full of delicious vegetables and fruits grow.
2. Zoo passes – we absolutely love having a family zoo membership! We can go any time and spend as much time as we want and we do not feel like we have to stay all day to get our money's worth. The boys love animals and every time we go, there are new surprises!
3. Picnic basket – eating outside is super fun for the boys. The times we get to have a picnic is very special, so having a dedicated picnic basket would be such a fun surprise!
4. Tickets to a movie or show – We don't get to the movies very often, but there are many great plays, musicals, and shows to choose from where we live. Pick an age appropriate movie or show to attend and you will create some great memories with the kids!
5. A good book about the true meaning of Easter – Easter Stories: Classic Stories for the Holy Season is a collection of classic tales that bring Jesus to the forefront. Each story was selected for the spiritual value and literary quality. Authors such as C.S. Lewis, Leo Tolstoy, Selma Lagerlof, Oscar Wilde, Elizabeth Goudge, and more are included in this 383 page book.
When we received this book, I was excited to begin reading a story each night to the boys. The Captain has been captivated with these read alouds and hangs on to each word. He particularly loved a story by Laura E. Richards entitled "The Coming of the King," about a group of kids who want to clean their dirty playground because a king is coming by. The comparisons and thought provoking details of each story are just wonderful and we have really enjoyed reading this book together! Read more about this great collection at the Plough website.
Enter to win a copy of this great book in the Rafflecopter below. Good luck!