We are gearing up for the youth group Super Bowl party at our house on Sunday. The boys want to decorate and have made a few posters for the big event already, but we needed some more football decor. The Captain created this adorable textured paint football craft for kids and it turned out great!
- one piece of white paper
- brown paint (we used washable kids' paint)
- bubble wrap
- rubber band
- white felt
- Cut a football shape out of a plain piece of white paper. (Can freehand or use a template.)
- Lay football cutout on a sheet of bubble wrap.
- Wrap more bubble wrap around the end of a glue bottle, then secure with a rubber band. This will be your "brush."
- Use the bubble wrap covered bottle to dab into paint and onto the football. This creates the texture effect.
- Once the football is covered in brown paint, let dry.
- When paint is completely dry, cut felt pieces for the lines and stitching on the football and glue on.
- Allow to dry overnight and hang for your Super Bowl party or wall art!
Looking for more fun Super Bowl activities for kids? Print a copy of my free Super Bowl XLIX Word Search!
*contains affiliate links at no extra cost to you*