Valentine's Day Verse on Burlap
I love making small crafts with the boys, but I definitely stick with crafts for kids and easy crafts. I went out on a limb and made this cute Valentine's Day verse on burlap and while it could be jazzed up a lot, it was pretty simple and even the non-crafter could tackle this one!
The Bible verse is from Song of Solomon 3:4. It's definitely the book of love, if you have not read it! I wanted to capture it in a crafty way, and I chose burlap. Here's how I did it!
- wooden frame of any kind (I used an old wooden box that toys came in and took off the back!)
- a piece of burlap that is about twice the size of your frame
- letter stencils
- fabric paint
- heart stencil
- Place the wooden frame on top of your burlap piece.
- Cut your burlap so it will wrap around the edges of the frame to the back. You don't want it to be too big or too small.
- Staple the burlap to the back of your wooden frame.
- Place your letter stencil on the burlap. Use a ruler or straight edge to make your letters straight.
- Dip your paintbrush in the paint and carefully paint inside the letter stencil. It might be easier to "dab" the paint onto the burlap.
- This is important….make sure that you wipe or rinse the stencil between letters because you will get paint on it and it will smear and make a mess out of your burlap!
- Continue on with each letter until you are finished with the verse.
- Use a heart stencil or freehand hearts onto the burlap for extra decoration.
- Let dry and hang on the wall or gift to your love this Valentine's Day!
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- The BFG Printables and Games - June 23, 2016
- Crispy Breaded Chicken Tenders Will Be The Hit of Your Fourth of July Party! - June 20, 2016
- Mommy Monday Link Up – Your Favorite Family Vacation - June 19, 2016