Hot wings are a staple for many football game watching parties. Americans spend a lot of money on take out wing orders. Our family loves chicken wings, even the boys! They're messy, delicious, and easy to prepare in your own oven. Oven baked wings are a healthier way to enjoy the game day classic.
- 4-5 pounds of chicken wings
- olive or grapeseed oil
- 1/4 cup of hot wing sauce (Frank's, Paula Deen, Buffalo Wild Wings, etc)
- Bleu Cheese or Ranch dressing – optional (organic homemade mixes are better!)
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Depending on the type of wing you purchase, disjoint the wings if needed.
- Salt and pepper the wings. (You can add any seasonings you like, but these are the basics.)
- Place wings on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Drizzle oil lightly over the top, turning to coat.
- Bake wings for 20 minutes.
- Turn wings over and bake for another 10-15 minutes.
- Turn oven up to 425° and cook for another 20 minutes until done.
- Remove wings and brush them with hot wing sauce or toss them in a bowl with the sauce to coat. (Depending on the wing sauce you use, read the directions and see what the recommendation is. Some sauces say mix with butter or oil and some you just use as is.)
We coat our wings in different sauces because I like mild and Daddy prefers hot, and also leave about 10 "naked" wings for the boys to eat. They just dip them in Ranch and eat them all up!
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- Homemade Christmas Gak Recipe (Scented With Thieves Oil) - December 16, 2014
- Purchase the Perfect Christmas Outfit at OshKosh B’gosh With This Coupon! - December 13, 2014
- 12 Festive Family Beverages – Yummy Non-Alcoholic Drinks For Christmas! - December 12, 2014