I received free LeapFrog products in order to host the LeapFrog LeapReader sponsored Mommy Party. The opinions expressed here are my own.
We recently had the fun opportunity to introduce some of our friends to the new LeapReader from LeapFrog. We have loved LeapFrog products for quite some time, and I loved them when I taught kindergarten because LeapFrog just "gets it" as far as education and fun are concerned. I knew that the LeapReader wouldn't be different…and it exceeded my expectations by far! LeapReader is "the complete learn-to-read-and-write solution that combines three essential literacy skills: reading, writing, and listening." It helps children with their vocabulary and reading comprehension, and encourages them to be independent readers and writers.
We had so much fun reading, making words with our ABC pretzels, and playing with the LeapReaders that we didn't have enough time to fully explore all that the LeapReader can do with the other kids. There was just no way to cram all that learning fun in! Check out all of these different products that enhance learning:
- Learn to Write Letters with Mr. Pencil writing workbook – hands on activities that help with the key elements of writing: upper and lower case letters, proper stroke order, letter sounds, and handwriting.
- Get Ready For Kindergarten book – includes math, science, reading, social studies, and more!
- Disney – Pixar Monsters University 3D – LeapFrog's first 3D book! This book about our favorite monsters teaches advanced vocabulary, nouns and verbs, logic and reasoning, and position words.
- Talking Words Factory Writing Workbook – Learn how to build words through more than 40 hands-on activities! Explore early phonics, short vowels, consonant blends, rhyming, and word writing, and word families.
- Talking Words Factory Flash Cards – This is my boys' favorite! They can make words just like on LeapFrog's "Talking Words Factory" DVD! It's more than a matching game or flash cards, though. With the LeapReader, you can play rhyming, spelling, and singing games, identify spelling patterns, and creat words!
- Audio Book, Music, & Trivia Apps – Access the App Center when you connect your LeapFrog!
What I love about the LeapReader is not only the educational fun and learning, but, a lot of this has been going on in our house:
Even though the LeapReader is geared for kids ages 4-8, D loves it. He does need a little help, but he can manage pretty well, at 2 1/2! Likewise, there were a couple of teens at our event that were completely fascinated by the LeapReader's technology!!
Other fabulous features of the LeapReader:
- Is backwards compatible with most of the Tag library.
- The LeapReader library includes 150+ books, maps, flash cards, book sets, learn-to-write sets with LeapFrog Learning paper, audio books, music albums, and trivia challenge activities.
- LeapReader holds audio for up to 40 books or 175 songs at a time.
- available in green, pink, or blue
- A sampler book and four apps are included with purchase.
- Includes a USB rechargeable battery
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- Father’s Day Crafts for Kids – Great Gifts For Dad - May 23, 2015
- Easy 10 Minute Strawberry S’mores - May 15, 2015
- How To Safely Introduce Your Baby To The Water - May 13, 2015