I have been looking for different ways to use my coconut chips that I purchased from Tropical Traditions awhile back. It's delicious in homemade granola, but I wanted to branch out and see if I could incorporate it into something with meat. Here is a super satisfying Coconut Chicken Strips recipe that I know is good because hubby raved about them!
- 1 1/2 cups coconut chips (or flaked or shredded coconut)
- 1 1/2 lbs of boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, cut into strips
- 2 TBSP grapeseed, olive, or coconut oil
- 1 TBSP flour
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup prepared mustard
- 2 TBSP honey
- Turn oven to "broil."
- Spread coconut evenly on a baking sheet.
- Toast coconut until slightly browned and remove from oven.
- Preheat oven to 475°
- Place cut chicken strips into a bowl with the oil and toss to coat.
- Mix flour, nutmeg, and toasted coconut in a bowl or bag (if you want to shake to coat).
- Spray cookie sheet with oil.
- Coat chicken with dry mix either by dredging it or shaking it in a bag.
- Place chicken on cookie sheet, evenly spread out.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until cooked through.
- While chicken is cooking, mix mustard and honey together for a dipping sauce.
(We like our chicken strips slightly browned, so I spray some oil and water mixture on top of the strips to encourage browning, and also stick them under the broiler for a short time.)
*contains affiliate links*
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- Make a Healthier, Toxic-Free Home with Mommy’s Club - March 6, 2014
- Kids Go FREE to LEGOLAND Discovery Center Grapevine, Texas - March 5, 2014
- Start your Garden Indoors with DIY Seed Pots! Great Earth Day Craft, too! - March 4, 2014