I'm super lucky that my kids LOVE fruit, but sometimes we all need a bit more of a "dessert" feel than just munching on a raw apple. Here's a recipe for microwave cinnamon apples that we all love that takes about 5 minutes, tops. The boys will eat this up and it's a treat for Hubby and I, too. You can vary it in any way you like as far as the type of apple (we prefer Gala or Fuji), sweetener, and any add-ins you'd like. Go crazy with this recipe, it's guaranteed delicious!
Ingredients for one serving of Cinnamon Apples:
- 1 medium apple, peeled, cored, and cubed
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp honey (or sugar)
- Place peeled, cored, cubed apple in a microwave safe glass bowl.
- Stir in cinnamon and honey.
- Cover with another glass plate or microwave safe lid.
- Microwave for 2-3 minutes, until apple is tender.
- Serve by itself, or with fresh cream or ice cream!
Linking up with Nomday Monday
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- Skip the Cooking – Collin Street Bakery Delivers the BEST Desserts! - May 28, 2015
- Father’s Day Crafts for Kids – Great Gifts For Dad - May 23, 2015
- Easy 10 Minute Strawberry S’mores - May 15, 2015