We always had this delicious dish growing up called Colossal Cheeseburger. I think my mom found the recipe in the newspaper, so it's not mine, nor hers, really, but all that matters is that it's DELICIOUS! We made it for the boys at the children's home and it was their absolute favorite meal. We haven't made it here lately, but I just found some yummy, non GMO crescent rolls from Immaculate Baking, so I had to try it out! You can't eat it every day, but you might as well on Pi Day, (3/14) right?
- 2 cans of refrigerated crescent rolls
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Grease pizza pan.
- Brown ground beef, drain fat.
- Stir in salt, pepper, and tomato sauce.
- Simmer on low heat while preparing crust.
- Separate crescent roll dough into triangles. Arrange 13 triangles around prepared pan in a spoke fashion.
- Press dough to seal perforations.
- Spread meat mixture over the dough.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bring dough up over filling, and add in the remaining three triangles to fill the "gaps" on top, then seal them all up.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 20 to 25 minutes until crust is no longer doughy.
Pardon the quality of the picture….this giant cheeseburger doesn't sit still for long….