With hubby on a low carb diet, I went out on a limb and made this Zucchini Lasagna. He said it was one of his favorite low-carb recipes to date! And, it's gluten free, too! I just replaced the lasagna noodles with zucchini and it was absolutely delicious.
- approximately two zucchini squash
- 16 oz. carton of cottage cheese
- one large jar of spaghetti sauce
- one pound of hamburger meat
- two cups of mozzarella cheese, shredded
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Brown your hamburger meat and when cooked thoroughly, mix in all spaghetti sauce except for 1/2 of a cup.
3. Wash and cut zucchini in half and then in 1/4" – 1/2" strips:
4. Pour about a half of a cup of meat sauce on the bottom of a 8×11 casserolel dish.
5. Place a layer of zucchini on top of the sauce;
7. Spread about 1/2 cup of meat sauce on top of cottage cheese:
8. Sprinkle Mozzarella cheese on top of the meat sauce and repeat the steps until your zucchini runs out.
9. For the last layer, I like to pour the remainder of the sauce on top and top with Mozzarella cheese.
10. Cover dish with foil.
11. Place in oven and cook for approximately 40 minutes at 350 degrees, or until zucchini is tender.
After your lasagna is eaten up, try the new Fresh Infusions dish detergent from Palmolive to clean the saucy pan! My favorite scent is the Ginger White Tea:
I love that companies are doing their part to make our cleaning supplies healthier. Palmolive has removed the phosphates and I feel better about using Fresh Infusions for our family's dishes.
It works well, too! It cleans just as well as any dish detergent containing phosphates, but I know it's better for us!
Find Palmolive Fresh Infusions at Walmart for under $3. Check out the Palmolive website for more information.
**I received three bottles of Palmolive Fresh Infusions to try, free of charge, from Influenster.**
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- DIY Outdoor Boot Rack - May 24, 2013
- Liquid Prenatal Vitamins Are Easier to Stomach - May 23, 2013
- Shop Fair Trade, Eco-Friendly Apparel at Mother Tongues - May 22, 2013