Since becoming a parent, I've become amazed at all the candy and gifts we parents give our kids at every possible opportunity. We like to celebrate Valentine's Day, Easter, birthday, Christmas, Halloween, and more, all with candy and stuff our kids don't really need. Here are some of my suggestions for eco-friendly Easter gifts this year!
1. Nature's Magic Egg Dyeing Kit from Wee Can Too – $18 – I won this kit in a giveaway last year and we haven't used it yet, but I'm excited to try it. The dyes are all natural and edible, made with fruit and vegetable powders.
2. Organic Easter Honey Bunny Soft Doll from Jen Galaxy Designs - $18 – This adorable little bunny is handmade with organic cotton and filled with poly-fill and rice.
3. Travel Chalkboard Mat from Mommy Loves Maddy – $10 – Super cute way to keep the kids entertained in the car! It rolls up nicely for storage and you can pick out the fabric, too. Just add chalk and imagination!
4. Eco Kids Natural Plant Dye Molding Dough – $22 – This dough is made with plant, fruit, and vegetable extracts. It contains no chemicals, artificial dyes, or metals.
5. Indie Candy Bunny Face Lollipop – pack of 6 boxes for $18.48 – These little lollipops are made in an allergen free facility – no gluten/wheat, dairy/casein, peanuts, tree nuts, soy, fish, shellfish, or eggs present. These are made with evaporated cane juice, chocolate liquor, and non-dairy cocoa butter.
6. Endangered Species Bath Set – $13.59 – Contains hypo allergenic bubble bath, bath crayons, floating animal discs, stone paper, coloring map, animal ID spinner, and a rescue net.
7. Resurrection Eggs – $12 – Okay, maybe this is a stretch because these plastic eggs aren't really "eco-friendly," but when you compare them to other Easter gifts we give, these Resurrection Eggs are loved and well used by my kids, to teach the story of the true meaning of Easter. Each egg contains a small "trinket" to teach different parts of the Easter story of Jesus' death and resurrection.
8. Leo the Lop-Eared Bunny Shirt/Onesie from As Small As Me - $19 – 100% organic cotton onesie or t-shirt, hand printed with and adorable lop eared baby bunny!
9. Haba Wooden Eggs in a Carton – $9.97 – These wooden eggs are perfect for pretend play!
10. Organic Easter Egg Blend Radishes from Nimble NiteCap Seed Co. from – $2.35 for 100+ seeds – I love these beautiful heirloom, organic radishes that look like little Easter eggs! Any gardener or child would love to grow these pink, red, purple, and white radishes!
11. Lastly, if you need a few eco-friendly gifts for yourself, your child's teacher, or a friend, Tropical Traditions now carries Organic Fair Trade coffee at only $8.99 a bag.
**this post is not sponsored, but contains affiliate links**
Latest posts by Gena (see all)
- Teaching Our Kids To Live Greener Lives - December 11, 2013
- Give Back with Boys & Girls Club of America - December 6, 2013
- YumEarth Natural Candy Stocking Stuffers – Now Available at Walgreens! - December 5, 2013